Studying abroad like in a European university for example can be very exciting. However, it also comes with a great price. Fortunately, if you just know what tips to follow, you can save money as a student abroad without having to sacrifice fun activities like bar hopping and sightseeing. Some of these tips are enumerated below so read on.
- Apply for a scholarship. One of the best ways to save money while studying abroad is by cutting school and tuition fees through a scholarship. All schools in Europe offer scholarships for international students. It is just up to you if you would do your research.
- Make friends. Another secret to saving while studying abroad is learning tips from foreign friends as to where you can get cheap groceries and where you can do cheap leisure activities. Being a native in the country you are currently studying, they are most likely the experts on this.
- Stay with a host family. Not only will this help you decrease the cost of room and board but you will get to experience the culture of the country you are studying in firsthand.
- Have a budget and stick with it. After a few months of staying in the foreign country, you will already know how much you most likely spend each month. Use this to create a budget that you can stick on so that you won’t overspend and end up calling your parents abroad for additional funds.
- Apply for a part-time job. Whatever job you take as long as it won’t give you too much stress is beneficial on your part. It allows you to earn cash while studying. Among the best part-time jobs is when you buy and sell appliances. For instance, you can advertise ice machine for sale in Amazon and earn through commission or a higher price.
Find the cheapest means of transportation to and from your university. Ask around on the cheapest way you can get to your school from the place you are staying. Don’t be shy to ask around because if you don’t ask you will just continue to suffer very expensive taxi rates.